Industry-institute interaction (I-I-I) is the most preferred activity for mutual benefit and growth of industries as well as institutions. I-I-I provides the best platform for showcasing the best practices, latest technological advancements, and their implementation and impact on the industry
Sustainable interaction between Institutions and Industry is the need of hour. It is inevitable for graduating students because they get exposure to industry followed by suitable placement. On the other hand, with the advent of globalization and ease of doing business in India vis-à-vis overseas, competition among the industries has become grueling. So industries also need competent graduates who are well aware of industry standards and capable of achieving so.
In order to establish interaction of industry and academics where academia can prepare students for jobs in multinational companies and industry will also be benefited by possibility of receiving well-trained human resources. For this to become reality bridging the gap between industry and the academia is a must. In order to set the dynamics, an Industry Institute Interaction Cell (IIIC) was established in 2012 at MLVTEC under Technical Education Quality Improvement-Phase II of Ministry of Human Resource Department, Government of India. Objectives and the schemes planned for the academic year 2018-2019 are as follows:
The Objectives of Industry Institute Interaction Cell
The III Cell was established with the following major objectives :
- To make industry links dynamic
- To encourage and promote various industrial activities by the faculty members and students.
- To cater the need of interaction between the Institute and Industry for sustainable development.
- To have a closer linkage and promote research suited to industry needs, and consultancy which creates a sense of owning among faculty members.
- To provide continuing education to people working in industries so that they can upgrade their technical knowledge, and / or obtain higher degrees.
- To enable academics taking a sabbatical in industry/corporate; provide internships for students, which will prepare the graduating students better for entering into the world of work;.
- To sign and execute MOU’S and Agreements with various industrial and research organizations to promote activities of mutual benefit.
Suggested Activities under III Cell
- Industrial Research & Consultancy
- Material testing
- Sponsored industrial research
- Use of industrial labs by College
- Use of specialized database / lab equipment of the college
- Research guidance from industry
- Creation of collaborative labs / testing centre at the college
- Joint research publication
- Solutions for field problems
- Analysis & Design problems
- Research fellowship support
- Joint IPR
- Creation of industrial chair to support research
- Continuing Education for Industry employees
- Short-Term Training Programs
- Onsite Academic Programs
- Part time Academic Programs
- Collaborative Academic Programs
- Industry-Institute Exchange
- Visiting faculty from industry
- Training programs / Short term assignments to the faculty members in industries
- Joint projects for faculty
- Participation of industrial experts in curriculum design/revision
- Sabbatical level assignments to the faculty members and other areas of mutual interest
Constitution of the III Cell
|Sh. Vinod Kumar Gupta,
Associate Professor (Textile Technology),
|Dr. Ved Prakash Singh
Associate Professor & Head, Department of Textile Technology/Engineering
|Dr. Virendra Kumar Gupta
Assistant Professor & Head, Department of Textile Chemistry
|Sh. Ajit Kumar Joshi
Associate Professor & Head, Department of Mechanical Engineering
|Dr. Ritesh Kumar Saraswat
Assistant Professor & Head, Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
|Sh. Nitesh Chouhan
Assistant Professor & Head, Department of Information Technology
|Sh. Arvind Vashishtha
Assistant Professor cum Training & Placement Officer
Participation of Industry in curriculum Revision
Being the only College in Rajasthan offering a variety of courses of Rajasthan Technical University, Kota the Board of Studies, as constituted by the University, is headed by one of the faculty members at MLVTEC, i.e., Dr. Ved Prakash Singh, Associate Professor (Textile Technology).
Sh. Vineet Tripathi, General Manager (Quality Control), Nitin Spinners Bhilwara is one of the members on the Board.
It has been the practice of conducting meetings with industry people to seek expert views for curriculum development and revisions.
December 24, 2017 witnessed the day dedicated to discussions on development works to be taken up during the FY 2018-19. Smt. Kiran Maheshwari, Hon’ble Minister (Higher & Technical Education) chaired a meeting with industrialist along with local MP and MLA and the members on Board of Governors.
A Private Support Action Group (PSAG), as envisaged in TEQIP-II, will be created to provide boost the interactive activities under IIIC.
Full View of Centralised Computer Centre
Inauguration by Hon'ble minister on 24 December 2017